Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

S'more Cups

If you love camping for the s'mores, like me, you will love this recipe. You will love it because you can have them at any time of the year, not just during campfire season (which I consider to be summer). My sister-in-law, Jayna introduced these to me. She brought them to a family party and I think I had 8 of them. I couldn't help myself. Then I made them to take to my sister's baby shower and I think I had to restrain myself from eating that many so there would be some to take to the shower!

I hope you will love them as much as I do!

This recipe comes from Pampered Chef, but I changed a few things to make it fit my needs.

S'more Cups
Adapted from 'The Pampered Chef'
Yield: 24 - 30 cups

1 C. finely crushed graham crackers
1/4 C. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 -1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
12-15 large marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 350. Crush graham cracker in a Ziploc bag. Combine graham crackers, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Using a spoon, place a scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini-size muffin pan. Press crumbs to form shallow cups. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. After removing pan from oven; place 3-5 chocolate chips on each cup, allowing them to melt slightly.

2. Cut marshmallows in half using kitchen sheers that have been dipped in cold water (makes it less sticky). Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove pan from oven onto a cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.

3. Melt about 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl or on stove. If you microwave, stir the chocolate chips every 20 seconds to prevent burning. Takes about 1-2 minutes to melt smooth. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand for 30-60 minutes until set, refrigerate quickly if you are in a hurry (don't freeze, it will turn the chocolate white)

Note: Pampered chef calls for milk chocolate candy bars. I never have these on hand so I used chocolate chips since I always have those on hand. :)

Another Note: I wouldn't use granulated sugar in place of the powdered sugar. Since the powdered sugar is so fine, when you bake these it really holds the crust together, which is important for when you need to dip the tops.

Gluten-Free Note: Use crushed rice chex gluten-free cereal instead of graham crackers.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsay this looks wonderful. I shall make them for tomorrow's FHE. THANKS! I love your recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make these! They look so delicious I can hardly stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curse those Smore cups!!! They are sinful. I made them the other night for no special reason except that they wouldn't leave my mind and they kept calling me and calling me and calling me until I had eaten 6 or so before I even knew it. They are so yummy....and really easy to make. I prefer these over any other smore-like treat I have had. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited I found your blog! I am so making these tomorrow! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you would follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through the above ^ blog :) this looks like such an easy, yummy idea, and your pictures are great! I love the idea of sharing tried and true family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just tried these out with crushed ginger snaps I had. A great holiday twist on this recipe. Too much butter for us, so I'll tweak. But we loved them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete