Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I have to "snicker" at how many snickerdoodles I can eat in one sitting. Seriously tasty! The buttery crisp base of this cookie is not the only thing that gets me, it's also the goodness of the cinnamon sugary outside. And when eaten warm with a glass of cold milk, I'm in heaven.


I think I love these cookies even more now, than I did when I was a kid. My mom is a true home cook and she definitely didn't deprive us kids of home baked cookies on a regular basis. Maybe another reason I love these so much is cause it brings me back to my childhood. And that reminds me of my mother. Awwwww! I love you mom! Thanks for "treating" us special!

Snickerdoodles
Printable Version
3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
--------------------------------
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.

In another mixing bowl beat butter for 30 seconds; add 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add dry ingredient mixture to butter/sugar mixture and mix until well combined.

Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar . Place balls of dough on a silicone-lined or un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart; flatten cookie dough ball with the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for about 7-10 minutes (see note about bake time). Let cookies cool on baking sheet 1-2 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.

Note: Depending on how long you bake these, they will turn out slightly different in taste and texture. If you bake them on the shorter end of the bake time, they will be softer and chewier. If you bake them a bit longer, you'll get a crisp and slightly crunchy cookie. Remember that when you pull them out and let them set for one to two minutes they will still cook a bit more.

Recipe Source: Diana K.

1 comment:

  1. She did spoil us! i HAVEN'T MADE thiese in a while...thanks for reminding me. dsa LS.

    aLEX is helping me ty`pe

    ReplyDelete