Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jicama Orange Salsa


 Let's not even talk about the fact that I haven't blogged in almost 2 months. I know, I know, it's shameful. But we have been soaking up the summer. We surely have been enjoying some new and delicious recipes this summer, but I must be stuffing my face too much to even take time to write about them. Consider me back, I have countless pictures of lots of recipes I want to share with you and preserve for myself!  

I subscribe to emails from one of my friends recipe blogs, and this recipe for Jicama Orange Salsa showed up in my inbox one afternoon, and I decided I had to make it asap. I got all the ingredients that next day and made it. Usually when I see a recipe I want to make, I pin it, or bookmark it and think I'll try that one day. But this one sounded so good, I seriously was about running to the grocery store.  I was glad I did too! We gobbled the first batch up quickly and made more just 2 days later!  

Served with tortilla chips the fresh crunch of the jicama and the juiciness of the oranges is what had me hooked. The other flavors of cilantro, tomatillos (they look like green tomatoes, and are very mild in flavor), jalapeno, and onion blend together in a unbelievable harmony! Even my husband who isn't a fan of many non-traditional salsas (especially sweet ones) was loving this one! I seeded the jalapeno so there really wasn't any heat, if you want some heat feel free to leave some seeds in!

Enjoy another fresh taste of summer! 



Jicama Orange Salsa
Printable Version
Ingredients:
2 medium oranges, peeled and chopped into small bits
1 cup jicama, chopped
½ cup tomatillo, chopped
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely chopped

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and chill for a few hours. Serve with tortilla chips as a side.

Other serving ideas: Have grilled chicken with the salsa  served on top of steamed rice.

Recipe Source: Candi's Recipe Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment